God's Sacred Secret: The "Spirit Of Truth" & "Elijah"!

Important Board Announcements & Key Scriptural Articles found here. Only LWF Administration post here.

Moderator: LWF Administration

Sunshine
YORWW CONG GOLDEN ALTAR HORN (L12-S4)
Location: [L12-S4] 2008 YORWW Bible Academy Graduate resides YORWW World Headquarters Jamaica, W.I.

God's Sacred Secret: The "Spirit Of Truth" & "Elijah"!

#1 Post by Sunshine » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:08 am

GOD'S SACRED SECRET: THE "SPIRIT OF TRUTH" & "ELIJAH"

See full color blog covering this topic at this link: https://yorww.com/SpiritofTruth1.htm

Part 1. The Coming Of The "Spirit Of Truth" & "Elijah" (John 16:13-15; Malachi 4:5, 6)

The Y.O.R.W.W. Congregation advocates one astounding, astonishing idea, seemingly unthinkable idea, that many when they first hear it, simply just can’t believe, namely: The “Spirit of Truth” will prove to be a human prophet and coming leader, for the nation of Israel. Yes, we believe actual fulfillment of bible prophecy will show this ONE AMAZING THING ABOUT JEHOVAH'S HIDDEN PURPOSES
, that we Jehovah's Witnesses, formerly didn't know anything about. This thought that the "The Spirit of Truth" will prove to be a person, a human being, in our modern times.

This is an amazing assertion indeed...we realize!

Actually, most Jehovah's Witnesses remember all too well, in field service, talking to those of the Pentecostal faiths wherein they often suggested this UNTHINKABLE idea that the "Holy Spirit" was to be viewed as a person -- the third person in the trinity doctrine. I believe, as I understand their views, they began to think this because of the many "personifications" shall we say, of the holy spirit, as it is portrayed within the bible. Most bible students are quite familiar with the many "personifications" of the holy spirit mentioned in the book of Acts, for instance. They are many.

And of course, like every Jehovah's Witness would normally do, yes, they completely dismissed the notion that any such thing could be even remotely possible. This is especially true, since Jehovah's Witnesses normally, as a group, greatly detest anything, that in any way, challenges Jehovah God's Universal Uniqueness, as the trinity doctrine uniquely does. Thus, for some religion then to make the "holy spirit" a person for whatever reasons, then at that time, seemed to be quite simply blasphemous to God.

Thus, it would certainly be blasphemy for a true servant of God, to even entertain the thought that this so-called "third-person" of the trinity, whoever he was, to intimate that he was in anyway equal to (a) Jehovah God or (b) Jesus Christ, as purported by some trinitarians and theologians who teach this non-sensical idea -- something that is still today, totally blasphemous for one to even think!

But let's ponder this: What if there really was such a thing as a "personification" of the holy spirit, for our day time? Wouldn't this explain why, so much was written about the holy spirit being "personified" in the book of John, describing it with pronouns as "he" and "him," as well as numerous "personifications" of the holy spirit shown in the book of Acts? And yet, what if such "personifications" pointed forward to our day and time, and proved to be someone else, someone much lesser, a mere man, that God Almighty purposes to use in an extraordinary way before His "Great and Fear-Inspiring" Day of Judgment? What then?

Well then, that might be something we might possibly entertain, as a possibility, for our bible research, a thought worthy of our time for meditation and deep pondering. -- 2 Timothy 4:15, 16

If such were true, obviously, it would prove to be a great epiphany, among bible scholars of our times. It would have to be considered a "sacred secret" held within the hands of Almighty God. And along with that thought, the next question we would obviously want to know is, what purpose did God have in mind for the person? Also, a few may reason, why didn't Jehovah Himself reveal such a thing and make this new idea plainer in scripture, more obvious? Why did not Almighty God make this mystery person, more pronounced within the scriptures, so that mankind in general could EXPECT the coming of such a person, and would not be in total surprise and shock when it presumably would happen? That's, of course, if all of this is true and this situation is a reality. It would seem that such a situation would put the "world" in a precarious situation, where they, would not favorably "receive" this one, or would not "behold" or "know" of the coming of such a person, as suggested by the words of Jesus at John 14:17. Isn't that true?

Actually, the answer the YORWW Congregation would give to such a question is, perhaps, it was intended to be that way. It was God's Will for this teaching, to remain a sacred secret, until the "mystery of God" would be revealed, in the time of the end. -- Revelation 10:7

The Modern Day "Servant" Prophecy -- Isaiah 42:1-9

Well, to start off our discussion, and to address such like questions on the topic of the holy spirit, let's first consider Isaiah 42:1-9. Now after reading, please pay close attention to verse 9. You first need to read it in the New World Translation, but you will also need to compare this rendering with a number of other translations besides the New World Translation to gain the full scope of this most important verse. This is because the Watchtower Society translating committee, as done quite often, has deliberately INSERTED a word in verse 9 that does not belong there, and which changes the thought completely from its original meaning.

Isaiah 42:9 says,

"The first things -- here they have come, but new things I am telling out. Before they begin to spring up, I cause you PEOPLE to hear them." -- New World Translation

As you may be aware, Verses 1-9 of the 42nd chapter of Isaiah are said to be part of the well-known "Servant Prophecies", among Bible scholars of our time. This means, bible scholars then, all understand this verse to be referring to a person, and not a group of people, like the nation of Israel. Thus, the word we highlighted above was "people," in this verse. If you will investigate for yourself, and check in different bible translations, you will see that other bible translations do not include such a word as "people" here, as does the New World Translation that Jehovah's Witnesses use today. In other words, other bibles render this particular sentence as saying:

"...Before they begin to spring up, I cause YOU to hear them."

"You," as in one person...the "Servant" himself. The one person that God is directly talking to.

Therefore, this would mean, the "Servant" of verses 1-9 is actually shown the future by God, as an individual. God shows him things 'before they begin to spring up," or happen. God shows him the future, singularly. To be sure, this is a very important point to make, at this juncture of our discussion.

So then, the use of the word "people" then would not be a part of the original inspired thought here. No, but it is an inserted thought, by the Watchtower Society New World Translating Committee, but not recognized by bible scholars of our time. Therefore, to insert the word "people" here, would seem to indicate that the "people" of Israel in general, in this instance, would be the one that God causes to "hear" things "BEFORE THEY SPRING UP." But this is not the case at all. No, but it is only, one man -- The "Servant" of God.

In checking other translations, an excellent rendering of this verse would be taken from the New Living Translation which conveys the thought of verse 9 this way,

"Everything I prophesied has come true, and now I will prophesy again. I will tell you the future before it happens."

So this is really about, God revealing the future to the "Servant". And the context indicates the "Servant" of God, is an individual, a singular person, and not a group of people like the nation of Israel, that God is showing the future.

***Recently the Watchtower Society released a 2013 New World Translation to its membership. In this particular version an adjustment has been made to remove the word "people" from that particular verse, making it a more accurate rendering of that verse.***

See link to newer version here, of Isaiah 42:9: http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/b/r1/lp-e/nwt/E/2013/23/42

Given this new development, if one were to refer to John 16:13 and notice there Jesus said, the "Spirit of Truth" would "guide" all people into "all truth," and then, "declare to you the things coming," as in telling people the future ... then this chosen one, who "declares" to us the future, then must be one and the same with the one the bible calls the "Servant" in Isaiah 42:9. Yes, he must be the Modern Day "Servant" of our time, since Jehovah's Witnesses do not believe Jesus is coming back in the flesh [as a man] to lead mankind on earth, in our modern day times. He must be the same one mentioned in Zechariah 8:23 also. Indeed, this one known as the "Spirit of the Truth," must also be the one shown in Isaiah 42:1-9...to be the Modern Day "Servant" ... the one who is given the *** "gift" of prophecy, through inspiration from God Almighty. Let's learn more about that topic now.

*** For more information see article on the topic of modern day "Gift of Inspiration": Godly Inspiration -- Can We Identify It Today?

And, also this article on the topic of modern day "Gift of Inspiration": When "That Which Is Complete Arrives" -- 1 Corinthians 13:10

The "Spirit of Truth" & the Modern Day "Servant" -- John 16:13

Now, back to the "Spirit of Truth." By way of comparison, let's examine John 16:13 which shows the primary activity of "The Spirit Of Truth" which says,

"However, when that one arrives, the spirit of the truth, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak of his own impulse, but what things he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things coming."

We notice by way of comparison, "The Spirit of Truth" actually does the same thing for God's People in bringing them to a knowledge of truth by being a "guide" for them. It says, "he", the "Spirit of Truth", does not "speak of his own impulse" because he has learned these things from God Himself. And "he" only "speaks what he hears" from God Almighty. Yes, he "speaks" and he "hears" things from God. A personification of the spirit.

Then too, "he" the "Spirit of Truth," is said to "guide" God's people into "all truth," ... that's all truth.

That would mean, he "guides" the disciples into a full and complete understanding of God's Word of Truth. This we know, has not happened as of yet. In fact, if the "Spirit of Truth" were to do this, then it would include a complete explanation of the parables of Jesus, and the book of Revelation. We know, the parables of Jesus was something that even the apostles of the first century were not privileged to explain for our benefit. The parables of Jesus Christ, still remain a mystery to God's people, in many cases.

In addition, his ability to "guide into all truth" the disciples, is something that we know, also has not happened as of yet. Therefore, God's Servants await such a time when this will become a reality. In other words, it is a future event, when all God's Servants can truthfully say, they have been truly "guided into ALL truth." This is also a future event.

Then too the bible account mentions, the "Spirit of Truth" also will "declare to you the things coming." Yes, "declaring the things coming", then means declaring the future. He is able to "declare the things coming" to God's people because God has prepared him, personally.

And as we remember above, isn't this exactly what we read in Isaiah 42:9 of the "Servant" prophecy also?

"The Spirit of Truth" declares the things coming. And similarly the "Servant" is told "things before they spring up," by God Himself. To have knowledge of the "future", to know "things before they spring up," we'd have to agree, is a activity that only God can sponsor.

Therefore, the "Servant" prophecy as shown in Isaiah 42:9 and the contents of John 16:13 showing "The Spirit of Truth" also knowing the "things coming", raise interesting possibilities in our understanding of how God's People will in the last days, come to a COMPLETE UNDERSTANDING of God's Word.

End of Part 1.

Questions for article: The "Spirit of Truth" and "Elijah" (Part I)

1. What does the YORWW Congregation believe about the "Spirit of Truth" that is not generally accepted today?

2. Why is this view unacceptable to Jehovah’s Witnesses?

3. In what two Bible books do we find many examples of the holy spirit being personified by the use of pronouns such as "he" or "him," and what might these personifications be pointing towards?

4. If the personification of holy spirit does represent a person, and Jehovah has kept this knowledge hidden from mankind, what can we consider this unrevealed truth to be?

5. Isaiah 42:9 helps us to gain a better understanding of why Jehovah has hidden certain truths from mankind, but what did the translators of the NWT do to cloud the issue even more and why did they do this? How do most translators render this verse?

6. What do we learn from this verse (Isaiah 42:9) that helps us to understand how Jehovah God will unveil unknown truths of "sacred secrets" to His people?

7. According to John 16:13, what is the primary activity of the "spirit of truth?"

8. Is there any correspondence between what the "Servant" of Isaiah 42:9 and the "spirit of truth" of John 16:13 will do?

To get the answers for the review questions CLICK HERE.

Sunshine
Location: [L12-S4] 2008 YORWW Bible Academy Graduate resides YORWW World Headquarters Jamaica, W.I.

Re: God's Sacred Secret: The "Spirit Of Truth" & "Elijah"!

#2 Post by Sunshine » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:11 am

Part 2. "The Man From Bozrah" -- Isaiah 63: 1-9

Thus far, we've been discussing what's referred to by bible scholars as the "Servant" Prophecies. These "Servant" Prophecies are mentioned several times in the book of Isaiah. For example, Isaiah 42:1-9, also Isaiah 49:1-9, Isaiah 50:4-11, Isaiah 52:13 - Isaiah 53:12, Isaiah 61:1-3, and Isaiah 63:1-9.

Most would readily agree with the fact that these "Servant" Prophecies, were in most cases, fulfilled by Jesus Christ. Yes, his life and ministry fulfilled much concerning these prophecies.

However, if we make a close examination of the "Servant" Prophecies, we notice detail aspects, that are still not fully understood, for our day and time. (James 1:25) For example, the trip to "Bozrah," a primary city of Edom, mentioned in the 63rd chapter of Isaiah. Of course, the bible makes no mention of Jesus ever going there at all, nor any other prophet of God, for that matter and having this angry, violent, bloody encounter as the prophecy foretold.

In fact, this bible account actually says:

"Who is this one coming from Edom, the one with garments of glowing colors from Bozrah, this one who is honorable in his clothing, marching in the abundance of his power?...why is it that your clothing is red and your garments are like those of one treading in the winepress? The wine trough I have trodden by myself, while there was no man with me from the peoples. And I kept treading them in my anger, and I kept trampling them down in my rage. And their spurting blood kept spattering upon my garments, and all my clothing I have polluted. For the day of vengeance is in my heart, and the very year of my repurchased ones has come. And I kept looking, but there was no helper; and I began to show myself astonished, but there was no one offering support. So my arm furnished me salvation, and my rage was what supported me. And I kept stamping down peoples in my anger, and I proceeded to make them drunk with my rage and to bring down to the earth their spurting blood. The loving-kindnesses of Jehovah I shall mention, the praises of Jehovah, according to all that Jehovah has rendered to us, even the abundant goodness to the house of Israel that he has rendered to them according to his mercies and according to the abundance of his loving-kindnesses." -- See Isaiah 63:1-7.

Based upon what we know of Jesus' earthly ministry, and other prophets as well, we have no written record of any one carrying out the particular activities described above.

Could this be perhaps, a future happening, left to be fulfilled in modern times by some UNKNOWN figure?

And there are many other points like this, that we find are of special interest to bible scholars, as mentioned in the "Servant" Prophecies, that appears to have not been completely fulfilled as of yet.

Then, there are very unique statements taken from the "Servant" Prophecies that have been made, that would be considered "peculiar" or strange, if we tried to apply them to Jesus Christ.

The "Servant" Prophecy of Isaiah 49:1-9 -- Is It About Jesus Christ?

Case in point:

Isaiah 49:1-4 which says,

"Listen to me, O you islands, and pay attention, you national groups far away. Jehovah himself has called even from the belly. From the inward parts of my mother he has made mention of my name. And he proceeded to make my mouth like a sharp sword. In the shadow of his hand he has hidden me. And he gradually made me a polished arrow. He concealed me in his own quiver. And he went on to say to me: You are my servant, O Israel, you the one in whom I shall show my beauty. But as for me, I said: IT IS FOR NOTHING THAT I HAVE TOILED. FOR UNREALITY AND VANITY I HAVE USED UP MY OWN POWER. Truly my judgment is with Jehovah, and my wages with my God."

In Verse 4 above, it is forefold that the "Servant" would say these words to Jehovah, when first called for his assigned ministry to represent God to Israel and "raise up the tribes of Jacob."

He says, "...But as for me, I said: it is for nothing that I have toiled. For unreality and vanity I have used up my own power..."

That's "unreality" and "vanity" the Servant of God has "used up his power", before Jehovah. God is witness to this fact.

Now after reading, we must ponder and ask ourselves:

When did Jesus Christ ever say to Jehovah he had "toiled for nothing?" Also, when did Jesus ever say to Jehovah, he had "used up his own power" in the search for "VANITY" and total "UNREALITY"?

Now bible scholars have grappled with these words, trying to explain them, as having some application to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, and his earthly ministry. But we know, that so far on record, these words as best we can tell, actually never came forth or proceeded from the lips of Jesus Christ, when speaking to Jehovah. And that would cover all time periods, either before coming to earth, during his earthly ministry, nor after his earthly ministry while in heaven. That's before, during or after.

So we must ask, when would Jesus Christ ever find OCCASION, to utter such words of TOTAL DISCOURAGEMENT to his heavenly father, as described in Isaiah 49:4?

It would be INSANITY on our parts, to think that Jesus Christ, had become, at any time, so discouraged, that he would say something like this to God. In fact, even when he was faced with imminent death at the hands of his enemies, his most grueling hour of test, can you imagine Jesus saying in prayer to Jehovah,

"Well Jehovah now you know...I have slaved for you, but it seems it has been FOR NOTHING, and for total UNREALITY and VANITY."

Can you imagine Jesus ever saying such a thing to Almighty God? That means Jesus would have admitted TOTAL DEFEAT, and Satan would have won. After considering that scenario, I don't think we SHOULD even imagine something like that about Jesus' personal faith and integrity. And yet, by necessity, we have to do so, if we say Jesus Christ FULFILLED the contents of Isaiah 49:4 about the "Servant" prophecy.

That's why we recall Jesus was continually praying for his disciples, even at the end of his life. Praying that they stay strong, and that they his disciples "STAY AWAKE" because of the wicked one (Satan) that was coming. He also prayed to his father, that his disciples stay in Union with one another, like he was in union with his heavenly father -- and to "watch over" them and keep them "IN THE NAME" of the father. (John 17:11)

In other words, JESUS WAS CONCERNED ABOUT OTHERS, others, his weakened, sleeping disciples, others and NOT about himself, even up to his death.

No, Jesus was never that discouraged, as we read of the foretold coming "Servant" of Isaiah 49:1-9. A mere man, that was beaten down, and wore out by the brazen, outright wickedness of modern-day "Israel" of our times.

But more importantly, and to the point, we remember these words of discouragement were supposedly spoken when Jehovah FIRST OFFERED, that's first offered, the assignment and ministry to the "Servant" of Isaiah 49:1-9. And not at Jesus' death.

Actually bible prophecy reveals, the "Servant", after uttering these words of total discouragement, still goes on, AFTER expressing great regret to Jehovah, then goes on to faithfully and dutifully carry out God's Will for him, namely to spiritually "RAISE UP THE TRIBES OF JACOB", and "BRING THEM BACK" to God. He braces himself to do MORE work for God, and works to spiritually "restore" them, this earthly Israel, from spiritual degradation and apostasy. And happily, in the end, the "Servant" would lead the entire nation to Almighty God's Everlasting Favor, just as God wanted all the time. (See Isaiah 49:5, 6.) So, Jehovah's Will prevailed in the end, DESPITE the discouragement of the "Servant" when the assignment was first offered to him.

So we can see, the actual scenario, when carefully examined, is quite different from what bible scholars suggest about this prophetic scene of Isaiah 49:4.

So, based upon such like thoughts and ideas vividly described for us within the "Servant" Prophecies, then what is suggested by the YORWW Congregation is possibly this: could there be more to the story, to the prophecies themselves than meets the eye, that very possibly, is left to be fulfilled in our day and time? That's the question.

"He That Puts faith In Me...Out From His Inmost Parts Streams Of Living Waters Will Flow." -- John 7:38

From our examination of the Holy Scriptures, the "Servant" Prophecies themselves, do actually show us the truth, that some unknown human coming forth as a modern day "Sprout" or "Twig," in a greater antitypical sense to an anti-typical nation of "Israel", just like Jesus came in a typical sense to God's Name People, the nation of Israel in the first century. And of course having this frame of mind, this could assist us to better understand the foretold future activity of the coming "Spirit of Truth" for our day. -- Isaiah 4:2; Isaiah 11:1; Isaiah 53:2; Ezekiel 17:22-24; Zechariah 3:8; Zechariah 6:12, 13

To be sure, even Jesus Christ himself, made reference to the "Spirit" being a person, a human. Let's notice John 7:38, 39 which says:

"He that puts faith in me, just as the Scripture has said, 'Out from his inmost part streams of living water will flow.' However, he said this concerning the spirit which those who put faith in him were about to receive; for as yet there was no spirit, because Jesus had not yet been glorified." -- John 7:38, 39

In the above passage, Jesus is making an interesting point. Did you notice that Jesus compares the person or one that truly believes or has "faith" in him, as being one in whom "from his INMOST PART streams of living water will flow," did you notice that? So then, these "living waters" actually "flow" from this one....from inside this person. Next, John under inspiration, makes the point that Jesus himself was referring to yes, to the future activity of the "Spirit," when it comes -- either in the first century, or in our day and time, either way. In this way, we begin to think two-dimensionally, and see this as a “paradigm” or a "beside example," type and anti-type wherein we compare activity of the holy spirit in the first century and its "restorative works, with activity of the Modern Day "Servant" and his efforts of "restoration" as the foretold "Elijah."

So, the vital connection is made between one, who is coming, one who has genuine "faith" in Jesus, as a footstep follower of Jesus. He "believes in" Jesus when a renegade, apostate "world" does not, as John 16:8, 9 shows. And from this one, from the "spirit of truth," yes from his "inmost parts," yes "streams of living water would flow" -- from this particular "believer" in christ or person who has genuine "faith" in Jesus. -- Please compare Isaiah 53:1 with John 7:38, 39.

The Holy Spirit As A "Leader" For First Century Christians

Therefore, this one, for all practical purposes, becomes, the "spirit" for the congregation. Because the nation of Israel is now in apostasy, he thus becomes, the "helper," the "counselor" for the congregation of Jesus' followers -- those originally admitted into the "Christian Covenant" and originally "purchased" by the precious blood of Jesus as spiritual "Israel." Yes, he becomes "another helper", as Jesus said would come. Yes, "another helper" just as Jesus was the original "helper" at first, to guide the congregation, and lead it, as Messiah. And, just as the "holy spirit," at Pentecost, also became a "helper" and led the first century christians, in the absence of Jesus in bodily form, who was now resurrected to heavenly life. Yes, now after Jesus leaves earthly life, yes, the "holy spirit" now leads the congregation, in the same manner as Jesus did while on earth in person. In short, the "holy spirit" itself, became to first century christians, the leader and the last word for them, in deciding matters of faith, and for gaining general direction and edification of the congregation toward complete spiritual "restoration" in the first century. -- Please consider Acts 3:19-21; Acts 5:3; Acts 9:31; Acts 13:2; Acts 15:28; Acts 16:6; Acts 20:23, 28; Acts 21:11.

We recall, Jesus was the first "helper" for the congregation. And now, the "spirit" becomes "another helper", like Jesus that becomes a messiah-leader for the first century congregation. Thus, in that sense, the "spirit" could be personified in the first century by inspired men, since one day, "another helper" God would send to assist his wayward people of the nation of Israel, in the last days. So the "spirit" was personfied and referred many times by Jesus and the apostles, as with pronouns as "him" or "he", yes "he" the spirit, indicating the future coming of a "person" a human to act as the modern day counterpart of the holy spirit of the first century. Yes, he would take on that role, in our modern day times. -- See John 14:16, 26; John 15:26; John 16:7-9, 13-15

To further that thought, we recall Jesus also said:

"That one [spirit of truth] will glorify me, because he will receive from what is mine and will declare it to you. All the things that the Father has are mine. That is why I said he receives from what is mine and declares it to you. " -- John 16:14, 15

Again, the thought is planted by Jesus himself, that this coming one, is to be properly understood to be, first in the first century God's Holy Spirit, given as a "helper" or leader for the congregation. And yet later, in our day, it is to be understood as the reality of God's promise, that is through one individual, a coming "prophet" like Moses, yes the coming one referred to as "Elijah" that becomes the one that "restores all things."

He become the one that "receives from" Jesus something very, very special. Something so special that he even "declares it" to God's people Israel. This one "receives" from Jesus, the Davidic Right, the right to govern Israel, who in turn will one day govern the entire earth. Yes, again, a person that would be given such an honor and privilege, by Jesus, and would as Jesus said, would "glorify" Jesus too. Yes, because he would recognize and teach all others that it was through the righteous shed blood of Jesus, that all of this was even made possible. So yes, he would "glorify" Jesus too. Yes, this "he," the "spirit of truth" then becomes the one that "declares" this given right, and all of this information, yes, to earthly Israel. Praise Jah! -- John 16:14, 15

But at this point, someone might say,

"...But there is absolutely nothing to demonstrate beyond all refutation that the "spirit of truth" which will be present in the closing days of this system of things will prove to be a human. Rather, did not Jesus himself say:

For where there are two or three gathered together in my name, there I am in their midst.”--Matthew 18:20 (NWT)

And, look! I am with YOU all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.”--Matthew 28:20b (NWT)

But the helper, the holy spirit, which the Father will send in my name, that one will teach YOU all things and bring back to YOUR minds all the things I told YOU. --John 14:26"

Yes, these are interesting thoughts that many would consider to be quite correct at this point, and therefore must be addressed.

Well, first of all, the YORWW Congregation, then would agree with that conclusion. But yet there is more to the story.

You see, we know Jesus was with first century christians, and demonstrated his presence by allowing the "holy spirit" to act as a comforter, a counselor, a leader for the congregation. The "holy spirit" in the first century IN JESUS' ABSENCE, then acted in Jesus' behalf, to act in his absence, as a leader-messiah to lead the congregation. That's why Jesus said that if he did not leave, the "holy spirit" would not come to the congregation -- why? Well, the congregation simply wouldn't need the "spirit's" presence, since Jesus, the Messiah, was right there present in physical form, to guide the congregation and act as its head. So, if Jesus was there in person, then, there would not have been any need to "send" the "spirit" at all, to the first century congregation. No, because Jesus would have been there, in the flesh, leading the congregation! -- See John 16:7.

Further John himself point blank said about things in the first century:

"...for as yet there was no spirit, because Jesus had not yet been glorified." -- John 7:38, 39

No, John clearly said, "there was no spirit" in the first century, before Jesus was to be "glorified" in a sacrificial death. So then, there simply was no "spirit" there, all the time Jesus was there.

Thus, after Pentecost, we can say: Jesus was "present" or "with" the first century congregation, even though he was in heaven, and the "spirit" was operated and leading the congregation of the first century. Isn't that true?

Also we can say this too:

It was AFTER Pentecost that the real "restoration" of Israel of the first century, began -- yes right after Pentecost, when the "holy spirit" was put in charge of the spiritual growth of the first century congregation! Isn't that true? And likewise today, yes, the "Spirit of Truth" or "Elijah" is sent to God's Name People of our day, to fully "restore all things." Think about it!

So, just as it is true that Jesus could be "present" with his followers in the first century, with the "spirit" acting as a leader down here on earth, during that time -- then today, Jesus could do the same, for us. Therefore, Jesus' absence in bodily form from the earth, would not necessarily preclude or interrupt the ministry of the "Spirit of Truth" at all, at any time among his followers today, just as it didn't in the first century -- and yes, all the time, the "Spirit" leads the repentant congregation of modern day 'Israel" back from spiritual "apostasy." -- Matthew 19:28

Palingensis – A “Regeneration," Or "Restoration" Work Of "Elijah" – Matthew 17:11; Matthew 19:28

Again, we of the YORWW Congregation say spiritual "restoration," or the "restoring of all things," is brought about by the ministry of the "Spirit of Truth" in our day, which is one in the same with the foretold ministry of the coming "Elijah" mentioned by Jesus in Matthew 17:11. This one that Jesus himself said, would "restore all things." Yes, this "Elijah" that the prophet Malachi spoke of, that was to come just "before the great and fear-inspiring Day of Jehovah" was to come -- yes, his coming. As Malachi 4:5 says:

"Look! I am sending to you people Elijah the prophet BEFORE the coming of the great and fear-inspiring day of Jehovah."

"Elijah", the prophecy indicates, comes BEFORE the "great and fear-inspiring day of Jehovah." And we know, that "great and fear-inspiring day of Jehovah" is still, a much anticipated FUTURE EVENT for all of us. Jesus Christ, the bible informs, actually BRINGS the "great and fear-inspiring day of Jehovah" upon mankind. This we know. So, then who is this one that is referred to as "Elijah", that actually comes BEFORE that day?

That's the question we must be concerned about.

Then, there is the statement that Jesus himself said about the coming "Elijah" and his coming "FIRST", first as the disciples asked in Matthew 17:10. Jesus responds in Verse 11,

"...Elijah indeed, is coming and will restore ALL THINGS."

Why does Jesus Christ himself, acknowledge above that there will appear upon earth, another "Elijah", a future great prophet of Jehovah -- that will among other things, actually "restore ALL things?" That's restore all things. "Restore" in a spiritual sense. A spiritual "restoration" as Matthew 19:28 shows, all the while Jesus resides in heaven. (Please see footnote in NWT large print on "recreation" [Greek: palingensis ] for Matthew 19:28.)

In fact Matthew 19:28 says,

"Jesus said to them: Truly I say to you, in the re-creation, when the Son of man sits down upon his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also yourselves sit upon twelve thrones, JUDGING the twelve tribes of Israel."

Now, we must ask: Is Jesus saying, IT WAS TO BE UNDERSTOOD AS EARLY AS THE FIRST CENTURY, that he and his apostles would actually "judge" from a heavenly vantage point, a future, foretold earthly "12 tribes of Israel" that needed a "re-creation"?

Also, is it possible that Jesus Christ and his apostles IN HEAVEN were foretold to carry out for Jehovah, a "judging" work from heaven toward some OTHER foretold nation of "Israel" which AT THE SAME TIME was in existence ON EARTH, and needed great spiritual help? A earthly nation of Israel, which needs a spiritual "re-creation" or palingensis, a "regeneration," a spiritual "rebirth," a spiritual renovation or spiritual restoration before Almighty God? All the while Jesus and the apostles, have agreed to "judge" from the heavens, this "Israel" who had greatly offended God?

Do you think Jesus is saying that he and his apostles would from a heavenly vantage point, actually have to "judge" an earthly "12 tribes of Israel" because of their committing SPIRITUAL APOSTASY before God? Could Jesus have been saying such a thing, do you think?

Now think: Would Jesus have said such a thing, if he himself, PERSONALLY, that's personally in his glorified state, was going to complete the job of spiritual "restoration" for Israel, and personally come down from heaven to do this? Why would Jesus say this, if he knew he was going to personally COME OUT OF HEAVEN, leave his glorious existence and so that he could carry out the duties of the foretold "Spirit of Truth", and personally spiritually "restore" his people in the last days, and personally "guide" them "into ALL TRUTH, "declare the things coming" for them, as the "Spirit of Truth" is foretold to do? Why would Jesus Personally do the things HE HIMSELF SAID the great "Elijah" was assigned to do BEFORE the "coming of the great and fear-inspiring day of Jehovah" that Jesus Christ brings? -- See John 16:13; Malachi 4:5.

Of course, we've heard statements by Jehovah's Witnesses, who recognize the serious problems associated with the recently revealed, Governing Body's Hidden 10-Year [Affair] Liason With The United Nations As A Secret NGO [Non Governmental Organization] Publicity Agent With The Department Of Public Information, wherein statements are made that maybe, Jesus Christ himself will come back, to in, IN PERSON, to correct, "restore" the congregation of Israel, Jehovah's Witnesses of our time.

But let's consider this.

Jesus said:

"...but the helper, the holy spirit, which the Father will send in my name, that one will teach YOU all things and bring back to YOUR minds all the things I told YOU." -- John 14:26

This verse makes an excellent point, as well as John 15:26 which shows Jehovah God & Jesus Christ, will yes, actually "send" the "Spirit of Truth" to earth, to act as a "helper".

Now, let's assume then, this "helper", the holy spirit, is personified within the person of the glorified Jesus Christ, who will now act to personally "restore" the congregation of apostate Jehovah's Witnesses. Well, if we are satisfied that this conclusion is correct, then let's figure out the following:

"When the helper arrives that I WILL SEND YOU from the Father, the spirit of the truth, which proceeds from the Father, that one will bear witness about me..." -- John 15:26

It shows above that Jesus Christ, actually "sends" the "helper", the "spirit of the truth" which indeed "proceeds from the Father" to earth.

Is Jesus going to "SEND" himself? Would you say that is a reasonable conclusion to reach?

Yes, we must ask: Do we personally believe that Jesus is saying he, Jesus, would find it necessary one day, to "SEND" HIMSELF TO EARTH, as a "helper", as the "Spirit of Truth", also as the coming "Elijah", the one who "restores ALL THINGS," -- all the while AT THE SAME TIME, he is also ON HIS GLORIOUS THRONE IN HEAVEN supposedly "judging" the apostate "12 tribes of Israel" who are on earth and in need of a spiritual "re-creation"? Is that what Jesus is saying? -- Matthew 19:28; Malachi 4:5; John 15:26; John 16:13.

[For indepth consideration of the coming "Palin-Genesis" of all Jehovah's Witnesses from apostasy, please see the article entitled Jehovah's Witnesses Re-Generated As A Nation From Apostasy!" at this link: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6 ]

End of Part 2.

Questions for article: The "Spirit of Truth" and "Elijah" (Part 2)

9. Which chapters in the book of Isaiah are generally known as the "Servant" Prophesies and who is credited with fulfilling these prophecies?

10. How does Isaiah 63:1-9 describe the activity of the "Servant" when he travels to Bozrah, a major city in Edom?

11. After reading this prophecy, what conclusion must we reach?

12. When Jehovah calls the "Servant" to begin his assigned ministry, as recorded at Isaiah 49:1-4, what discouraging statement does he make to Jehovah?

13. Would it be appropriate to say that Jesus uttered these words of discouragement to Jehovah? Why do you so answer?

14. What does the Bible reveal concerning the "Servant" after his uttering these words of discouragement? What are the possibilities we are now left to consider?

15. What does our examination of the "Servant" Prophesies lead us to conclude as to when and how they will be fulfilled?

16. In his statement as recorded at John 7:38, 39, Jesus made reference to the future activity of the "spirit." What application can we make of his words?

17. What role did "holy spirit" have relative to the first century congregation?

18. The personification of "holy spirit" by Jesus and the apostles was indicative of what?

19. In John 16:14, 15, when Jesus spoke of this one, the "spirit of truth" as receiving from "what is mine," what was he referring to? How would he, in turn glorify Jesus?

20. Although some may object to the thought that Jesus would use a human counterpart to holy spirit of the first century to lead the nation today when he said that he would, himself, be with them to the end, how might we reason with them?

21. At Matthew 19:28, Jesus told his disciples that they would sit on thrones and do a judging work during a special time of restoration (Greek, palingenesis). Who would they be judging and why is this necessary?

22. Why is it not reasonable to believe that Jesus would himself come back to earth at this time to lead this restoration work?

Sunshine

#3 Post by Sunshine » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:13 am

Part 3. The Coming Of "Elijah" Before The Great And Fear-inspiring Day of Jehovah – Malachi 4:5

Well, when we think about it, we can see the holy spirit could be used as both, (a) a powerful spirit force that guided and motivated individual christians in the first century and since that time, (b) as well as the personified human upon earth, that we speak of, namely "Elijah" who comes before the "great and fear-inspiring day of Jehovah." (Malachi 4:5) Therefore, the YORWW Congregation believes as you do, that God's Holy Spirit did act as a "helper", a "counselor" [Greek: paraclete ] in the first century, assisting first century christians, as well as in later periods of time.

And yet also, the bible shows that Jehovah God, who is not limited, could put into motion, a specialized personification of His "Spirit," within the person of an imperfect man, especially if the job required it. In fact, Jehovah has already done this, when he inspired 40 imperfect, sinful men to pen his Holy Word.

The Great Importance of the role of "Elijah" and his powerful "coming" quite simply demands this one have a special operation of God's Holy Spirit upon him, in an unusual way...due to the magnitude of the job required of him. The Holy Scriptures reveal this. It is an absolute necessity, in God eyes.

You see by the time "he," the "spirit" is sent, the world scene will be critical, even on the verge of total destruction, from Jehovah's and Jesus's vantage point. Just as the prophet Malachi foretold -- the complete destruction of mankind would be imminent. -- Malachi 4:5, 6

This is why Jesus said of "Elijah," thus would need to "restore ALL things." And that means, yes, ...ALL THINGS, then NEED "restoring", spiritually speaking, in God's eyes. "All Things" on earth. A complete earthwide "re-creation" or palingenesis or "re-birth" of spiritual things is NEEDED, as God Almighty sees it. -- Mathew 17:11; Matthew 19:28

Actually, some ill-informed reformers among Jehovah's witnesses who are aware of the blatant lawlessness practiced by the leadership of the organization, have come to the conclusion that Jesus, himself will have to personally come back to earth, and literally straighten out God's Name People, so that the "anointed" among them, can be re-grouped and "restored" back to God's favor, and cleansed again, as a people from the stain of idolatry and outright apostasy itself.

Well, the bible verse found at Acts 3:20, 21 actually removes all doubt about such a foolish notion, on the part of these particular reformers among God's Name People, Jehovah's witnesses.

Please consider the following information that will scripturally address this point and explain the true meaning of Acts 3:20, 21.

"A PROPHET LIKE MOSES" TO BE RAISED UP DURING THE "RESTORATION OF ALL THINGS" -- Acts 3:19-23

As we recall, Acts 3:19-21 speaks of this great day of spiritual "restoration," this way:

"Repent, therefore, and turn around so as to get your sins blotted out, that seasons of refreshing may come from the person of Jehovah and that he may send forth the Christ appointed for you, Jesus whom HEAVEN, INDEED, MUST HOLD WITHIN ITSELF until the times of RESTORATION OF ALL THINGS of which God spoke through the mouth of his holy prophets of old time."

Yes, did you notice the verse says, "heaven, must hold" Jesus "within itself," yes until spiritual "restoration of all things" is complete? Did you notice this?

This means Jesus himself, does not participate at all in the full "restoration" of EARTHLY apostate Israel, the wayward "12 tribes of Israel" in the last days. No, Jesus does not! No, but just as the verse says, "heaven must hold within itself," Jesus until the full "restoration of all things." That is precisely what that verse means. The bible is clear on that point.

To further that thought, we vividly recall the fact that Jesus himself, referred to his being in heaven with all of his faithful disciples when the magnificent "Restoration of all things," as the prophets calls it, commences upon earth. Yes, Jesus said at Matthew 19:28,

"...Truly I say to you, in the re-creation [Greek: palingenesis], when the Son of man sits down upon his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also yourselves sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel."

Yes, Jesus showed that he would actually be in heaven, sitting upon thrones along with the faithful from among the first century, "judging" together the "12 tribes of Israel" who exist at that time upon earth, in apostasy.

Interestingly, noted bible scholar W.E. Vine, commenting on Matthew 19:28 and Acts 3:21 makes the following connection with outright apostasy and the need for total "regeneration" of faith, for the entire nation of Israel by saying:

"In Matt. 19:28 the word [palingenesis] is used, in the Lord's discourse, in the wider sense, of the "restoration of all things" (Acts 3:21, R.V.) when, as a result of the Second Advent of Christ, Jehovah 'sets His King upon His holy hill of Zion' (Ps. 2:6), and Israel, NOW IN APOSTASY, is restored to its destined status, in the recognition and under the benign sovereighty of its Messiah." -- See Vines Expository of New Testament Words under subheading for the word "Regeneration."

Therefore, we can see again the weighty connection between Acts 3:21 and Matthew 19:28 and how, the theme of "apostasy" is at the core of the discussion, when Jesus made such an insightful statement. Clearly, Jesus is saying that he himself would be actually, IN HEAVEN, while the nation of Israel was to be found in "apostasy" and needing full "restoration" during the "time of the end."

Now, with that thought in mind, lets' consider what Jesus clearly said at Matthew 17:11. He stated:

"...Elijah indeed, is coming and will restore all things."

Yes, did you notice what Jesus said above? Yes, Jesus clearly said...Elijah was coming...as in the future. And when he comes, Jesus said that Elijah, and NOT HIMSELF, but only Elijah, would indeed "RESTORE ALL THINGS." That's what Jesus said was going to happen, in the last days...during our day and time.

And of course, we know Jesus never claimed to be "Elijah," did he? Also, we know that this verse could not apply to "John the Baptist" as many claim again today, because the bible record itself does not show John the Baptist at any time, "restoring all things" during his brief ministry of some 6 months, does it? No, but it was Jesus Christ himself, who "restored all things" in the first century...isn't that so? So John the Baptist did not "restore all things" by no stretch of the imagination in the first century, but of course Jesus did...isn't that so?

In fact, we know that John the Baptist was even asked, point-blank by inquiring ones, was he actually "Elijah" the promised coming one, and the inspired record shows he emphatically said "No." So nothing could be clearer than John the Baptist OWN WORDS, wouldn't you agree? -- See John 1:21.

Therefore, the promised coming of "Elijah," who was to "restore all things," thus will logically prove to be a modern-day prophet, one that Jehovah God uses to establish a Great Spiritual Temple in God's Name, and will lead the nation of "Israel," God's Name People...."back to God" far away from apostasy. This one we speak of, would be known as God's "Chieftain" who "eats bread" in the East Gate where God resides, and also as the "Servant" that brings the nation of Israel "back" to Jehovah, at God's request. -- See Isaiah 49:5, 6; Ezekiel 44:3.

Therefore, all of this thus means, during the time that this Specially Appointed Prophet of God is present, upon earth, carrying out his Special Ministry to "restore all things," Jesus would be in heaven! Simple.

Therefore, just as promised by Jesus to occur at the hands of the coming "prophet" who is very much like Moses, full "restoration of all things," would occur while Jesus was in heaven. In fact, you will notice after verses 20 and 21, yes Acts 3:22, 23 continues this thought by saying,

"In fact, Moses said, Jehovah God will raise up for you from among your brothers a prophet LIKE ME. You must listen to him according to all the things he speaks to you. Indeed, any soul that does not listen to that Prophet will be completely destroyed from among the people."

Yes, this "Prophet" who is most like Moses spoken of above, would be the same one foretold to come we know as the one called "Elijah," again the one that Jesus said would also "restore all things." However, in this instance, he is simply referred to as the "Prophet" who is most like Moses. Yes, he becomes the one who comes with a "covenant," like Moses. And since he is shown to be the Last Prophet that God will send to Israel, then God's Name People, must pay STRICT HEED to everything, yes everything he says, as Jehovah is not going to send another prophet to the nation of Israel, after this time. Therefore, anyone who does NOT strictly listen to the voice of this Last Prophet that God sends, will be as the verse says, "completely destroyed from among the people," in Gehenna or the Lake of fire, everlastingly. Think about it. -- Please compare Isaiah 49:8; Malachi 4:5, 6; Matthew 17:10, 11; Acts 3:22, 23.

Therefore, this spiritual "restoration of all things" under the leadership of the foretold coming of the "Prophet" most like Moses, then must first be fully accomplished during the period we call the "re-creation" or palin-genesis [see footnote NWT Lg Prt bible] as spoken of at Matthew 19:28, 29. And all of this occurs before, before the "coming system of things" or the 1,000 year reign of peace occurs, where the servant of God finally gains "everlasting life," as Jesus said.

Now, most would agree, when we come to understand the entire situation facing mankind, the enomous weight of this job, that this IS a pretty big assignment for one, puny imperfect man "made of clay" to handle, wouldn't you agree? We, of the YORWW Congregation certainly think so. -- Job 33:6

Therefore, this one, "Elijah", then would have to have a strong force, a generous portion of God's Holy Spirit upon himself, to handle such a weighty assignment from God, wouldn't you think? At least, comparable to what Moses had himself, but perhaps even more so. We remember Moses had an abundance of holy spirit, so much so, as to share "holy spirit" with 70 other men. -- See Number 11:25

Therefore, we must consider whats at stake here. Yes, "Elijah" must fully accomplish his mission, because so much is at stake in terms of lives, human lives being lost possibly. Thus, reasonably we would expect he would need a generous supply of God's Holy Spirit to fully accomplish his ministry. And in that way, he could be known as the "Spirit" of God, just as the holy invite of "living waters" is given out during our time:

"And the Spirit and the Bride keep on saying: "Come!" And let anyone hearing say: "Come!" And let anyone thirsting come; let anyone that wishes take life's water free." -- Revelation 22:17

Thus, God Almighty Himself spoke of the great importance of his mission by saying:

"Look! I am sending to you people Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and fear-inspiring day of Jehovah." -- Malachi 4:5

Why? What could happen at the "great and fear-inspiring day of Jehovah" that is so ominous for humanity?

"...in order that I [Jehovah] may NOT come and actually STRIKE THE EARTH WITH A DEVOTING OF IT TO DESTRUCTION." -- Malachi 4:6

In other words, Jehovah says, if He didn't send "Elijah", and this powerfully spirit-infused prophet did not for whatever reason, accomplish his mission...Jehovah would have, as He openly says, no alternative but to STRIKE THE EARTH WITH A DEVOTING OF IT TO DESTRUCTION!!!

Now how serious is that, would you say?

So then, the scriptures reveal to us the grave truth that this man, this "Elijah" that God sends, then is the LAST HOPE for the people of earth. Just like Jesus was, when he came in the first century.

Therefore, given the great magnitude of his assignment, I wouldn't think most people would have a problem with believing the "coming" of the great prophet ELIJAH could be viewed in Jehovah's eyes and Jesus' eyes, as the personification of God's Holy Spirit, as the "Truth".

A simple illustration on this matter could be seen when we consider Proverbs 8:22-31. Here we find a bible description of "wisdom". A Godly Quality. And yet, many bible scholars have no problem believing that this Godly Quality Description, is actually a unique PERSONIFICATION of someone very close to Jehovah's heart...yes, Jesus Christ. Jesus the scriptures reveal is the full embodiment of "wisdom." -- Colossians 2:3

And no one has a problem with that description.

Perhaps even you, even you've reasoned the same about Proverbs 8:22-31 too. Therefore, to make a personification of a quality, or something intangible like "truth" is not too far-fetched or unreasonable when we consider the above circumstances we are all facing today, in this world, and the critical role this one plays in the outworking of Jehovah's Universal Purposes. This is especially so, when we consider what "Elijah" is to accomplish for Jehovah and Jesus, namely:

"And he must turn the heart of fathers back toward sons, and the heart of sons back toward fathers..." -- Malachi 4:6

This "Elijah" will do. And he could only do such a grand work of "repentance" or "turning hearts back" to God, only by means of Jehovah's Holy Spirit of Truth directing him. In ancient times, we remember the prophet Elijah was used as one who would "turn hearts back" to Jehovah. Elijah himself said,

"Answer me, O Jehovah, answer me, that this people may know that you, Jehovah, are the true God and you yourself have TURNED THEIR HEART BACK." -- 1 Kings 18:37; Jeremiah 31:18

And so, in taking such a title, even in his doing so, he continues to bring praise to our God Jehovah and Jesus Christ too, since all credit, praise and honor goes to God's Holy Active Force, His Spirit, the "Spirit of Truth" that eminates from Him, and that made all things possible. All things must continue to fully adhere to Jehovah's Will, His Autocratic Wishes...viewed as Supreme, always. So after all is said and done, nobody gets any real praise or honor out of this situation, of the "Spirit of Truth" being a man, but Jehovah God and His Loyal Son, Jesus.

A simple way to approach this unusual subject matter is this:

"Spirit of Truth" = A Man

A Man = "seed of woman [Eve]"

Genesis 3:15 fulfillment = "Mystery of God" is FINISHED. -- Revelation 10:7

In other words, a man from Eve, that has been "justified" or "declared righteous", thus "freed from guilt" of sin, by the blood of Jesus, can be used in the capacity God described in the Garden of Eden and fulfill his glorious promise made there, in the beginning. -- Matthew 12:7; Acts 13:38, 39

Romans 5:18 says,

"So, then, as through one trespass the result to men of all sorts was condemnation, likewise also through one act of JUSTIFICATION the result to men of all sorts is a declaring of them righteous for life."

***Thus, the blood of Jesus when applied, renders a sinful descendant of Eve, the "seed of Eve", "RIGHTEOUS FOR LIFE," in God's sight.***

Sidebar point to reemphasize theme:

Jesus Christ = "Mystery of God" in the first century (Col. 1:27; 2:2 (Mystery/Sacred Secret)

and

"Elijah" [Spirit of Truth] = "Mystery of God" in our Modern Day times. -- Malachi 4:5; Matthew 17:11; Matthew 19:28

He is sent by Jehovah, to "guide" all into full truth and declare the critical days of our future. Also, he is sent by Jesus Christ, to bring "glory" and honor to Jesus by "declaring" the things he "receives" from Jesus. Such as the granted or appointed right to be "firstborn" among all of mankind, something that originally "belonged" to Jesus, who replaced "Adam". (John 14:26: 15:26; 16:13-15; Psalms 89:27)

John 16:14, 15 says of the "Spirit of Truth"

"That one will glorify me, because he will RECEIVE FROM WHAT IS MINE and WILL DECLARE IT TO YOU. All the things that the Father has are mine. That is why I said HE RECEIVES from what is mine and will DECLARE IT to you."

Among other things, he, the "Spirit of Truth", actually "receives" the right to be "FIRSTBORN", from Jesus Christ and "declares it" to God's People, Israel first. Jesus Christ we remember was considered the "last Adam." Jesus thus won that right to become, for all mankind, the FIRSTBORN of all humanity. The "Spirit of Truth" then, "receives" this great honor and privilege position, from Jesus Christ. -- 1 Corinthians 15:45

Psalms 89:27 says of the coming "Spirit of Truth,"

"Also, I myself shall place him as firstborn, the most high of the kings of the earth."

His main mission is:

(a) to "bring Jacob back to" Jehovah, an apostate nation, the spiritual nation of "Israel," and to "raise up" or restore the tribes of Israel for God, by way of spiritual "regeneration." -- Isaiah 49:5, 6; Matthew 19:28

(b) And, in his so doing, he will become for God a "light for the nations...to the extremity of the earth" in our modern times. -- Isaiah 49:6

End of Part 3.

Questions for article: The "Spirit of Truth" and "Elijah" (Part 3)

23. How does Acts 3:20, 21 help us in understanding that Jesus will not return to the earth to restore "Israel?"

24. How does bible scholar, W. E. Vine, connect Israel’s apostasy with Matthew 19:28 and Acts 3:21 in his book, Vine’s Expository of New Testament Words?

25. What other name did Jesus link with a "restoration" work at Matthew 17:11? Was he referring to himself in this verse?

26. Did John the Baptist fulfill the role of "Elijah" during his day? If not, then why not?

27. Who then is this "Elijah" who restores God’s people, "Israel?" How does Isaiah 49:5, 6 and Ezekiel 44:3 refer to this one?

28. How is he a "prophet like Moses" as described in Acts 3:22, 23? Why must the nation of "Israel" listen to him?

29. During what period of time will the "palin-genesis" or "regeneration" be accomplished?

30. In order for "Elijah" to accomplish the tremendous task assigned to him, what must Jehovah endow him with? As a result of this, by what expression is he referred to at Revelation 22:17?

31. How important is it that "Elijah" accomplishes his assignment?

32. Is it too far-fetched to believe that Jehovah and Jesus would be referring to a man as the personification of holy spirit, the truth? (See Proverbs 8:22-31)

33. What assignment does the ancient prophet Elijah and the modern-day Elijah have in common? (See Malachi 4:6 and 1 Kings 18:37)

34. Who is to be given the credit for this arrangement or means by which mankind is restores to God’s favor?

35. Is there any connection between Genesis 3:15 and Revelation 10:7?

36. How can it be said that both Jehovah and Jesus sent the "spirit of truth?"

37. By what means does the "spirit of truth" become the firstborn of mankind? (See Psalms 89:27)

38. What is the mission of the "spirit of truth" as foretold at Isaiah 49:6?

Sunshine

#4 Post by Sunshine » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:15 am

***(Please See Full Color PDF Brochure On Simple "Apple Pie" Illustration & Genesis 3:15 Topic HERE)

Part 4. The “Seed" of Eve And The Great Sacred Secret or "Mystery of God" Revealed!

Genesis 3:15 says,

"And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel." -- King James Version

As we see above, actually, Jehovah God placed the "enmity" as follows:

"Woman" VS "Serpent"

and

"seed" of Woman VS "seed" of Serpent

Thus, the real battle we should expect will be between the two "seeds", while they both exist upon earth. It is a human "enmity" that exists, that God created between them. And they express their mutual hatred and "enmity" between themselves, in an earthly setting.

That's why Psalms 2:1, 2 says,

"Why have the nations been in tumult and the national groups themselves kept muttering an empty thing? The (a) kings of earth take their stand and (b) high officials themselves have MASSED TOGETHER AS ONE against Jehovah and against his anointed one."

They work together against Jehovah's choice, Jehovah's appointed Messiah.

So then, the first century fulfillment of this "enmity" expressed between these two "seeds" is revealed at Acts 4:26-28 which says,

"The (a) kings of the earth took their stand and the (b) rulers [of Israel] HAVE MASSED TOGETHER AS ONE against Jehovah and against his anointed one. Even so, both Herod and Pontius Pilate with men of nations and with peoples of Israel were in actuality gathered together in this city against your holy servant Jesus, whom you anointed. in order to do what things your hand and counsel had foreordained to occur."

Modern Day fulfillment:

Revelation 11:15 which says,

• "...The kingdom of the world [that Satan rules; "wild beast" and company] did become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ, and he [Jehovah] will rule as king forever and ever." -- New World Translation

The "Spirit of Truth" who "gave the world convincing evidence" on sin, righteousness and judgment, but was at first totally IGNORED, will be the one that God uses as his earthly "Christ." or "anointed one." And in this capacity he, as the "Spirit of Truth," will subsequently lead mankind into "all truth", "declare the things coming," and will invariably prove to be this newly installed, earthly "Christ" of God's choosing. -- John 14:17; 16:8, 13; Revelation 11:15

When Jehovah takes this action, and gives all earthly authority to his chosen one, the "Spirit of Truth," this of course will anger Satan greatly.

This singular act of God, no doubt leads to great conflict...Armageddon!

In fact, we see during the next few verses of Revelation 11th chapter, this event described for us in detail.

It states:

• "And the twenty-four elders who were seated before God upon their thrones fell upon their faces and worshiped God, saying We thank you, Jehovah God, the Almighty, the One who is and who was, because you have taken your great power and begun ruling as king. But the nations became wrathful, and your own wrath came, and the appointed time for the dead to be judged, and to give [their] reward to your slaves the prophets and to the holy ones and to those fearing your name, the small and the great, and to bring to ruin those ruining the earth." -- Revelation 11:16-18 New World Translation

Within these few verses, we find very vital information, that explains what magnificent event has just occurred.

First, this bible passage tells us, Jehovah will have become "King," and His Rulership from that point, lasts "forever and ever." This of course raises an interesting question, namely: how can Jehovah begin His Universal Rulership, when Jesus is ruling? If Jehovah is Ruling, then Jesus is NOT ruling, because they cannot be "ruling" the Universe AT THE SAME TIME, can they?

But again, before you attempt to answer that particular question we raise, in the affirmative, let's consider the following irrefutable facts.

Let's again notice within these verses, that it tells us pointedly, "the nations became wrathful, and your own wrath came." Clearly, this is speaking of the event we call or know as "Armageddon," is it not? Surely, this is the time God "brings to ruin, those ruining the earth," is it not? (See Revelation 11:18.)

Then too, based upon this bible passage, does it not tell us the resurrection of the "dead" are now brought to life, at this time? And it is the exact time for God to "reward" his "slaves," the "prophets" of old, isn't that so? There can be no doubt then, this resurrection can only refer to the EARTHLY RESURRECTION promised all the faithful men of old, "slaves of God," the "prophets" of old, upon whom the actual book of Revelation was based upon. (Please compare Acts 3:24 with Revelation 22:6.)

There can be no question but this speaks of the final resurrection, that is spoken of in Acts 24:15, where both the "righteous and the unrighteous" are given life again, upon earth. How do we know this for sure?

Well, let's take a close look at something Paul mentioned for our benefit as shown at 1 Corinthians 15:23-26 which says:

• "But each one in his own rank: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who belong to the Christ during his presence [Greek: parousia]. Next, THE END, when he [Jesus] hands over the kingdom to his God and Father, when he has brought to nothing all government and all authority and power. For he [Jesus] must rule as king until [God] has put all enemies under his feet. As the last enemy, death is to be brought to nothing." -- New World Translation

So now, we have a dramatic point to consider, namely when in fact, does Jesus Christ's Heavenly Rulership, actually end? When? Yes, that is the question.

To help us answer that all important question, let's consider the following.

Does not the above bible passage show us, unequivocally, there are three (3) resurrections up for consideration? The first one mentioned is the heavenly resurrection of Jesus, which is of first importance and "rank." Second, Paul mentions the resurrection of those "who belong to Christ," the anointed of his, who were given the "spirit of adoption" from Jehovah, to become "joint-heirs" with Jesus, and to receive a heavenly resurrection. (Romans 8:14-17) And this resurrection of the "anointed" going to heaven, occurs...not at Armageddon or "the end," but at his "parousia" only. Isn't that what Paul said under inspiration? Which means of course, his inspired account blends well with John's inspired account too, as shown in the book of Revelation. Therefore we can see clearly, the heavenly resurrection of the anointed of Christ, the ones "that belong to him," absolutely occurs during his "parousia," is that not so?

Then too, it is good to keep in mind, the heavenly resurrection itself, does not occur in stages, as if some of the "anointed" go to heaven AHEAD OF others of the "anointed." No but Paul made it clear, all of the "anointed" of God, go to heaven AT THE SAME TIME, just as the bible tells us at 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17. Let's consider these verses together:

• "For this is what we tell you by Jehovah's word, that we the living who survive to the presence [Greek: parousia] of the Lord shall in no way precede those who have fallen asleep [in death]; because the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a commanding call, with an archangel's voice and with God's trumpet, and those who are dead in union with Christ will rise first. Afterward we the living who are surviving will, TOGETHER WITH THEM, be caught away in clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and thus we shall always be with [the] Lord. -- New World Translation

Therefore, none of those heaven-bound "christians," actually "PRECEDES" any other of the "anointed" destined for heavenly life, in the heavenly resurrection at Jesus' "parousia." According to Paul under inspiration, they all go ... "TOGETHER." All of which means, Jehovah's Witnesses are currently teaching the heavenly resurrection stretches out for many years, allowing for "anointed" ones on earth as they die, since the year of 1919, to be resurrected to heavenly life. But Paul's words here, firmly disagree with such a faulty conclusion. The words of Paul are clear here ... the "anointed" are ALL resurrected to heaven, AT THE SAME TIME. Think about it. -- Please see 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17 & 1 Corinthians 15:51, 52 New World Translation.

Finally, Paul shows us, the third resurrection of importance, as he mentions the final resurrection, the earthly one. At this resurrection, Paul point blank tells us it occurs ... AT "THE END," WHICH IS CLEARLY ARMAGEDDON, is that not so?

Now, this viewpoint then, would agree totally with the prophet Daniel's bible account of things, as described for us at Daniel 12:1, 2, again where "Armageddon" is described for us vividly as "the time of distress," the time of such "distress" where no distress has ever occurred before like it, a time of the greatest distress ever, even "since there came to be a nation until that time." And that has to be, Armageddon. Isn't that what the verse is saying?

Let's consider that bible account, which says:

• "And during that time Michael will stand up, the great prince who is standing in behalf of the sons of your people. And there will certainly occur a time of distress such as has not been made to occur since there came to be a nation until that time. And during that time your people will escape, every one who is found written down in the book. And there will be many of those asleep in the ground of dust who will wake up, these to indefinitely lasting life and those to reproaches [and] to indefinitely lasting abhorrence." -- Daniel 12:1, 2 New World Translation

After reading this bible account carefully, we can clearly see the particular resurrection that the prophet Daniel describes for us, as well as when it actually occurs. The time for this particular resurrection is, yes, none other than the time the bible calls "Armageddon" or "Har-magedon." (Revelation 16:16) And we can clearly see this is an EARTHLY RESURRECTION too, since the people that are given life are again said to be made up of two distinctly different groups. Those resurrected at this time are said to gain (a) "indefinitely lasting life," as well as those who will receive a resurrection to (b) "reproaches [and] to indefinitely lasting abhorrence." And of course, we know this would not be true of those who are receiving a heavenly resurrection, isn't that so? So then, we know this bible account is speaking of an EARTHLY RESURRECTION, and nothing else. -- Acts 24:15; Revelation 11:18

Then too, the bible account speaks of the time for this particular resurrection, the earthly resurrection. It speaks of a time of great "distress" when this resurrection is done. So then, this great time of "distress," then is when Michael "stands up" in behalf of all of God's People, all of those who are deemed by God, as being "righteous" upon this earth. Yes, Michael is "standing up" in behalf of all of those who are "written down in the book [of life]," all of those alive upon earth who have actually served God in faithfulness. And those are simply, irrefutable facts, are they not? So then, at this time then, would be the appropriate time, the aforementioned time designated, for the EARTHLY resurrection of God, which occurs as Paul said ... yes, at "The End". -- Acts 24:15; Daniel 12:1, 2; 1 Corinthians 15:24; Revelation 11:18

Think about it.

So then, within these few verses, namely Revelation 11:15-18, we have the earthly resurrection occurring, alongside the beginning of God's Eternal "Rulership" over earth, as "King," and lasting as it says, "forever and ever." Which means, Jesus' heavenly rulership is to end at this point, and he is now going to "hand the kingdom" back to His God and Father, where God can be "all things to everyone" living. (1 Corinthians 15:28) This grand event the verse shows, now occurs in connection with the Great Destructive Day of "Armageddon," when God's Great "Wrath" is laid upon the "wrathful nations," those incorrigibly wicked among mankind. So, these two events go together, we can see. (Revelation 16:16) And since it mentions at this time, a particular "Christ" that belongs to God as coming into power at this late time, as of "Armageddon," then we must concede, this one is a new "Christ," and new Messiah of God that Jehovah is unveiling to all of mankind. These events, thus help us understand exactly what is occurring as foretold by the prophet Daniel, at Daniel 7:13, 14. It is the crowning of a "new" Christ, a "new" Messiah of God, gaining all earthly authority over mankind's earthly governments world wide, with God's Permission. (See 2nd Psalms.) Additionally, this explains why the very next verse, verse 19 shows him to picture, yes, the "Ark of the Covenant" of God! -- See Revelation 11:19.

Daniel 7:13, 14 tells us:

• "I kept on beholding in the visions of the night, and, see there! With the clouds of the heavens someone like a son of man happened to be coming; and to the Ancient of Days he gained access, and they brought him up close even before that One. And to him there were given rulership and dignity and kingdom, that the peoples, national groups and languages should all serve even him. His rulership is an indefinitely lasting rulership that will not pass away, and his kingdom one that will not be brought to ruin." -- New World Translation

Now after reading this bible account, what stands out to us is the clear point, that this particular "son of man" ruler, actually receives his "indefinitely lasting rulership" over mankind, from the "Ancient of Days," Jehovah Himself. So then, he is God's Selection. He is appointed, theocratically and not through any democratic or man-made means. And this decision on God's part, is after yes, Jehovah has considered the "books," or the annals of human history and its futile attempts at self-rulership or autonomy, independent of His Holy Guidance and Counsel, ever since the "Garden of Eden." (Daniel 7:9, 10; Proverbs 21:30; Romans 11:33-36) And doesn't it clearly say after receiving it, he "rules" ... forever, till "time indefinite"? So then, how can we say, this rulership pictures the reign of Jesus Christ, whom the bible clearly says DOES NOT rule forever, no, but he must relinquish his heavenly "rulership" at some point, to Jehovah God, The Almighty. Yes, Jesus must, at some point, give up his "rulership" and give it back to Jehovah. So then, his "rulership" then, IS NOT an "indefinitely lasting rulership," is that not so? And we know Jesus is doing this, so that Jehovah can become "all things to everyone," isn't that so? -- See 1 Corinthians 15:24, 28.

Therefore, this particular "Ruler," this special "anointed one," or "christ" in Daniel 7:13, 14 then, WOULD NOT, in any way fashion or form, picture Jesus Christ as a newly crowned "king" since we know Jesus has already been enthroned ever since the first century upon his heavenly resurrection itself, when he was righteously "declared" a permanent "Son of God." (Please see Matthew 28:18; Ephesians 1:20-22; Romans 1:4; Revelation 1:5; Revelation 3:21.) And according to 1 Corinthians 15:25, 26, with the destruction of the "wrathful" nations of Revelation 11:18, those spoken of at Psalms 2, yes, those who oppose God's Authority and Kingship at Armageddon, must be destroyed, after which Jesus now performs his final resurrection, the resurrection of the "dead" who were promised earthly life...ALL DONE BEFORE THE 1,000-YEAR REIGN OF PEACE BEGINS.

Think about it!

Just as Revelation 16:13, 14 says,

"And I saw three unclean inspired expressions that looked like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon and out of the mouth of the wild beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet. They are, in fact, expressions inspired by demons and perform signs, and they go forth to the kings of the entire inhabited earth, to GATHER THEM TOGETHER to the war of the great day of God the Almighty."

The "wild beast" and the "false prophet" = "seed" of Serpent (Gen. 3:15)

The "'Spirit of Truth," as an imperfect man = "seed" of Woman [Eve] (Gen. 3:15)

Thus alas, no more "hazy outline" or "obscure expression" present in Holy Scripture that Paul spoke of in 1 Corinthians 13:12. (See article entitled When That Which Is Complete Arrives
for detail discussion of 1 Corinthians 13:10-12.) No, but the first prophecy of the bible, the one spoken of at Genesis 3:15 is completely fulfilled! The Great Sacred Secret or "Mystery of God" is indeed, "FINISHED!" -- See Revelation 10:7.

And of course, as far as Satan goes, the scriptures reveal it is Jehovah Himself, that actually destroys Satan...not the Messianic "Seed" himself, as many religionists mistakenly think today. -- See Romans 16:20.

The End of Part 4.

Questions for article: The "Spirit of Truth" and "Elijah" (Part 4)

39. According to Genesis 3:15 between what parties does Jehovah put enmity or hatred?

40. Between which of these entities will the real hatred be expressed and where will it take place?

41. In a typical sense, how was this hatred between Satan’s seed and the Woman’s seed expressed in the first century? (See Acts 4:26-28; Psalms 2:1, 2)

42. How will this hatred between these two seeds be expressed in our modern times?

43. Who is the modern-day ‘seed of the serpent’ and the ‘seed of the woman’ in this drama?

44. In the final analysis, who will be the one that will destroy Satan?

***(Also Please Be Reminded To See Full Color PDF Brochure On Simple "Apple Pie" Illustration & Genesis 3:15 Topic HERE)