Why Aren't We Responding To The Word???

Important Board Announcements & Key Scriptural Articles found here. Only LWF Administration post here.

Moderator: LWF Administration

Sunshine
YORWW CONG GOLDEN ALTAR HORN (L12-S4)
YORWW CONG GOLDEN ALTAR HORN (L12-S4)
Location: [L12-S4] 2008 YORWW Bible Academy Graduate resides YORWW World Headquarters Jamaica, W.I.

Why Aren't We Responding To The Word???

#1 Post by Sunshine » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:11 am

Hi all,

You know, after reading over the many discussion boards of xJehovah's Witnesses and current ones on the net over the past few years, I can truly see why Jehovah God and Jesus Christ, righteously declines helping anyone on earth today, gain knowledge of the truth. I can really see this. And why do I say this?

Well, aren't we suppose to be moved by the "Word of Truth"?

Did not the ancient Ninevites respond favorably to the prophet Jonah's words [not miracles or powerful works] of reproof? Did they not repent of their bad works, by just the word of the prophet of God being spoken to them [no miracles needed]?

Additionally, did not Jesus himself state the people of Nineveh would be remembered by Jehovah God as ones who demonstrated real faith (contrary to the example of faithless Israel of his day) in the prophet's words, and dutifully repented?

Did not Jesus say at Matthew 12:41,

"The people of Nineveh will rise up at the judgment with this generation and condemn it, because THEY REPENTED AT THE PROCLAMATION OF JONAH and see, something greater than Jonah is here! -- New Revised Standard Version

They (Ninevites) responded to the word, just as Jesus said should be our response, in John 12:48, "in the last day."

We don't need miracles, just the WORD! (Philippians 2:16)

JLB