"Attitudes Today of Jehovah's Witnesses"

Personal viewpoints and fresh perspectives on the organization of Jehovah's Witnesses today. How you personally view the organization, the many changes in attitudes in the people and the overall direction the organization is taking for our day and time.

Moderator: LWF Administration

Mary
YORWW BIBLE ACADEMY GRADUATE (ALUMNI)

"Attitudes Today of Jehovah's Witnesses"

#1 Post by Mary » Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:32 pm

Attitudes Today of Jehovah’s Witnesses

When I came into the Truth a few decades ago, I was so excited that I had finally found God’s people, the one‘s that had the Truth. I was like a sponge trying to soak up as much information as I could. I wanted to learn as much about bible truths as I could grasp and to share those truths zealously with others out in field service. That is what Jesus commissioned us to do, right?!!?

Back then, I thought God’s people were like Jesus…humble teachers, making sure “not to be part of the world” (James 4:4; John 17:16), not taking in blood, carrying God’s personal Name upon them as an identifying feature (Number 6:27; Deut. 28:10; 2Chron. 7:14; Isaiah 43:7; Dan. 9:19; Acts 15:14), not joining the military, and not joining or getting involved in “worldly matters” such as business or politics. Just preaching the “Good News of the kingdom” and telling ones in the other religions or Christendom to “flee from Babylon the Great” or false religious teachings. Doing all of this with the Bible’s backing or authority…which meant, I thought, doing Jehovah God’s will.

But much time has passed since then and I have learned much more about God’s people as I am sure most all of us have. I realize that back then, I may have been naïve about some things or is it that “things” have just changed? I am not sure which. But God’s people look oh-so much different now.

But to be sure of this, lets take a quick gander…what are God’s people up to today?

A) They (WTS) are competing with the world’s religions today with these new TV commercials that have ran on CBS recently. Have you seen one yet? Well, if you have not, here is a link you can view them on a “official” WTS website and they are on the bottom of the page referred to as “Public Service Announcements”. They are four of them for your viewing pleasure. Here is the link:

http://www.jw-media.org/edu_videos/index.htm

B) They, as in Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, have many business holdings today. The WTS owns a large percentage of (at least) three "Sister Companies": Rand Cam Engine Corp., Rand Energy Group Inc., and Regi U.S. Inc. These companies are dedicated to research & development and marketing of Rand Cam™ engine technology of which they own the rights and several patents. None of the Watchtower’s "Sister Companies" fabricate neither bombs nor ammunition of any kind. However, REGI’s management systematically seeks out –and has obtained- U.S. Department of Defense’s awards, funding and subcontracts to supply the U.S. Department of Defense with RC™ technology. REGI’s management has signed numerous agreements with some powerful warfare-technology contractors. A military expert as Marketing Corporate Director now leads REGI. The Watchtower Society owns 50% of Rand Cam Engine Corp. which owns 49% of Rand Energy Group Inc. In addition, The Watchtower Society owns 44.9% of REGI U.S. Inc. These three "Sister companies" -as they have called themselves- are mostly financed by Reg Technologies Inc. which ultimately controls REGI U.S. Inc.

There have been much discussion about this on JW forums across the web. So it is common knowledge now. We have an article about it:

http://www.livingwatersforum.com/phpBB3 ... c.php?t=91

C) Then we have the NGO situation. A “NGO” is a part of the United Nations Organization of which the WTS was one for ten years secretly from 1991 to 2001. Until the Guardian Newspaper in the UK exposed it on Monday October 8, 2001. I will put a link to this article below this paragraph. The WTS still has not fully disclosed ‘why’ they were a NGO or ‘why’ they did this secretly for ten years. On further investigation, you will find that they had to re-new their membership as a NGO every year. So one of the “excuses” they have used is they did not realized what they were doing…does not wash nor the one about the “library card” either. Everyone knows IF they had went to college that most universities have access to the UN’s library and most college libraries are public. But lets not get off subject.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story ... 05,00.html

Well, so far the Watchtower Society looks just like other churches do, don’t they? I am sorry, I forgot something very important to add to this. We cannot say the Catholics have something up on us, can we? Not with this next very important problem that is not going away.

D) Oh, but lets not forget the sexual abuse of minors and the protection of pedophiles also. And that can be proven by the over 23,000 cases of JW’s who on SilentLambs are only the brave ones who have come forward and shared their stories. Most have been told not to air your ‘dirty wash’ in public as in “going to the police”…as that would bring reproach upon Jehovah and the congregation. Granted not all elders are the same but the majority of them have done this as this is or was the policy of the WTS.

E) And the foundation of the WTS is the “1914 teaching.” Which if you do not know by now is completely false. Which means “we”…God’s people are teaching ‘false teachings’ in the door to door work, on bible studies, and on the basis of this “judgmental attitude” and are teaching that other religions are in Babylon the Great. But if you think about this scripture below and the false teaching of 1914 then you have to ask the question, “what else have I been taught by the WTS that is not the truth?” :?:

(Luke 16:10) 10 The person faithful in what is least is faithful also in much, and the person unrighteous in what is least is unrighteous also in much.

Also if JW’s were being taught correctly then why does this scripture in Revelation 11:1-2, which is to have meaning at “the end times” say that when measured, God’s people will not measure up? And are to be cast out to the nations, for them to trample upon them for 42 months? Another good question, wouldn‘t you say?

For more detailed information on all of these things, please see the book called The “REPORT” or take the bible’s view when you read this:

(Ezekiel 21:6-7) 6 “And as for you, O son of man, sigh with shaking hips. Even with bitterness you should sigh before their eyes. 7 And it must occur that, in case they say to you, ‘On account of what are you sighing?’ you must say, ‘At a report.’ For it will certainly come, and every heart must melt and all hands must drop down and every spirit must become dejected and all knees themselves will drip with water. ‘Look! It will certainly come and be brought to occur,’ is the utterance of the Sovereign Lord Jehovah.”

So How Does This Make a JW Feel?

If you are a Jehovah’s Witness, you must feeling pretty WORLDLY right now, huh? The Society seems to be doing it just like those other false religions are doing it. Got their fingers in the commercial side of selling themselves, more fingers in the business side of getting a big piece of pie too, then to make sure their effective they have a foot in the door of every country through the United Nations thus have thrown their hat into the political arena also. Remember they already have ten years experience too!

Now, we briefly took a look at the WT organization today. But so far, don’t the WTS resemble most of the churches on the planet today? So what makes a JW different from other religions?? Another good question. You could say it is because they carry God’s Great Name…no, that would only tend to get God mad at you--another topic, lol. Lets not get off track! So what makes JW’s different?? Oh yes, we go door to door, right!

We go “door to door” preaching the “Good News” telling ones in other religion (Christendom) to “flee Babylon the Great.” And join other JW’s in the “true religion” of God’s people today. Right??? Not to get off track but this “door to door” work is not biblical either, see this article:

http://www.livingwatersforum.com/phpBB3 ... c.php?t=15

Funny thing…this is the same attitude the Jews had in the first century. They were so SELF RIGHTEOUS that they thought they knew more than Jesus. So they killed him. Didn’t Jesus tell them they were HYPNOCRITES as in the “blind leading the blind” and both would fall into the pit??? If it was not taught by the Pharisees then it was not true. But they were God’s people…the Jews. Who could tell them anything? They were the "experts" on scripture. But if they--> these Jews and Pharisees, the so-called religious leaders were such experts, then how did they kill Jesus, I ask? Another good question.

Do You Have the Attitude of Jesus Today?

How many of you have ever gotten a JW to listen to anything that was not taught by the WTS? Even if it’s in the bible, it does not matter as most JW‘s will not listen. But if it is taught by the WTS or a practice of the WTS then it must be true. Is this not the attitude of most JW’s today?

But lets consider the example Jesus left for us...he associated with many sinners like tax collectors and harlots. Jesus ate and drank with those sinners on a regular basis. Remember the Pharisees criticized him for that but Jesus did not and would not listen to those “so-called experts” of God‘s People. Jesus also preached for one to “love their neighbor as they do themselves” (Matt. 19:19).

Why do you think Jesus did not listen to the Pharisees? They were the ones that taught him the truth all his life. Or did they? Paul described the Jews' teaching at that time as a "framework" of the truth (Romans 2:20). Merriam-Webster online describes this word with this thought, “a basic conceptional structure (as of ideas).” So what the religious leaders of Jesus’ day taught was only the “basics” of the truth.

*For more on these, click on "basic truths".

Don't you think all the apostles were happy that they were taught a "part" or "framework" of the truth from the Pharisees before they learned the real truth from Jesus? But did that mean that because the Jews were “partly true” in their teachings that those apostles should stay being a Jew? Or stay with Jehovah's people or "organization" at that time? If they had stayed at that time, then they would have never "broke off" and followed Jesus, would they? Those Jews and Pharisees would have seen anyone that followed Jesus as an apostate or called them "bad association" like mentioned in Acts 21:21:

21 But they have heard it rumored about you that you have been teaching all the Jews among the nations an apostasy from Moses, telling them neither to circumcise their children nor to walk in the [solemn] customs.

So the Jews, on a whole, viewed the followers of Jesus as apostates. Those first century Christians were thought to be apostates. But is that how Jesus thought? I think not or Jesus would not have told those so-called religious leaders this:

(Matthew 21:43) 43 This is why I say to YOU, The kingdom of God will be taken from YOU and be given to a nation producing its fruits.

From that statement above, it is clear that Jesus thought those Jews were the real apostates. And if you have ever really read Matthew Chapter 23, you would see that Jesus felt the Jews had veered away from teaching “divine truth” and taught their own laws. Oral laws, which were not part of the Law as in what Moses brought the people down from Mt. Sinai. So Jesus exposed them. He actually saw them as “Babylon the Great”. For more information on this see this link:

Jesus Preached "Good News" of "Liberation" from Babylon

Above I spoke of Jesus associating with tax collectors and harlots. Jesus also made statements about being sent to "find the lost sheep of Israel" (Matt. 10:5-6; 15:24). So these 'sinners' were Jews, these tax collectors and harlots were brothers and sisters in the faith to Jesus. And didn't Jesus tell the Pharisees that these ones, these sinners--tax collectors and harlots would actually get into the kingdom before they did (Matt. 21:31-32)? Interesting thought, in light of how the Society likes to paint another picture or make you see these ones-exJW's or sinners only the way they want.

Today, all of Jehovah’s Witnesses call these ones “apostates, exJW's, marked individuals.” These ones who Jesus referred to as “lost sheep.“ The ones the Society says not to associate with. Not to talk to or have anything to do with. Could the Society be "modern day Pharisees?" What a very distressing thought for most Jehovah‘s Witnesses.

What do you think a representative sent by Jehovah God would be saying to JW’s as a whole today? I think much of the same as Jesus said, wouldn’t you (Matthew, chapter 23)? And wouldn't the situation be much the same, just like the one which Luke 20:1-20 speaks about? Could we be seeing history repeat it's self??? Something to think about.

Jehovah’s Witnesses, as a whole group are not following Jesus’ example nor are they being taught to follow it. Why? Instead of being taught Jehovah's ways, the "rank and file" are being taught to have these “know-it-all” and “self-righteous” attitudes that are much like the Pharisees of the first century. Jesus’ description of them in Luke 16:14-15 does fit well.

And the scriptural basis for the bible to be written for us is highlighted by the two scriptures below. But the WTS seems to have missed the whole point of it all.

(Romans 15:4) 4 For all the things that were written aforetime were written for our instruction, that through our endurance and through the comfort from the Scriptures we might have hope.

(1 Corinthians 10:11) 11 Now these things went on befalling them as examples, and they were written for a warning to us upon whom the ends of the systems of things have arrived.

Oh, just in case you have not looked up Luke 16:14-15 because of your “seen it before” attitude…here it is. So does the shoe fit???!?

(Luke 16:14-15) 14 Now the Pharisees, who were money lovers, were listening to all these things, and they began to sneer at him [Jesus]. 15 Consequently he said to them: “YOU are those who declare yourselves righteous before men, but God knows YOUR hearts; because what is lofty among men is a disgusting thing in God’s sight.

Stinger

Jehovah's Witnesses who are as blind?

#2 Post by Stinger » Sun May 07, 2006 7:39 pm

Amazingly, Jehovah's Witnesses have almost totally disregard what the bible says unless it has been stamped OK by the faithful and discreet slave. What is even more amazing, is that when they are approached with a question regarding their faith...they act even more beligerant than the ones that we have been preaching to in the field service for more than 100 years. I wish I had a videotape of these ones who almost turn hostile when you try to show them from the bible the new truths!!!
"Who is blind, if not my servant, and who is deaf as the messenger whom I send? Who is blind as the one rewarded, or blind as the servant of Jehovah?" (Isaiah 42:19)
When we step back and look at the current situation the Nation of Jehovah's people are in right now, it is no wonder why Jehovah made provisions for the Scapegoat covenant!

Stinger

Mary
YORWW BIBLE ACADEMY GRADUATE (ALUMNI)

Jehovah's Witlesses, yes they are blind!

#3 Post by Mary » Sun May 07, 2006 8:16 pm

Hi Stinger,
When we step back and look at the current situation the Nation of Jehovah's people are in right now, it is no wonder why Jehovah made provisions for the Scapegoat covenant!
Yes, this is very sad too. But you must consider what Jehovah, Himself has said in the bible to get the real "flavor" of this sad, sad situation.

(Isaiah 1:2) Hear, O heavens, and give ear, O earth, for Jehovah himself has spoken: "Sons I have brought up and raised, but they themselves have revolted against me."

(Jeremiah 5:23) But this very people has come to have a stubborn and rebellious heart; they have turned aside and keep walking in their course.

(Jeremiah 6:28 ) All of them are the most stubborn men, walking about as slanderers-copper and iron. They are all of them ruinous.

(Zechariah 7:11) But they kept refusing to pay attention, and they kept giving a stubborn shoulder, and their ears they made too unresponsive to hear.

Even Nehemiah and Luke agree with Jehovah's viewpoint:

(Nehemiah 9:29) Although you would bear witness against them to bring them back to your law, they themselves even acted presumptuously and did not listen to your commandments; and against your own judicial decisions they sinned, which, if a man will do, he must also live by means of them. And they kept giving a stubborn shoulder, and their neck they hardened, and they did not listen.

(Acts 7:51) "Obstinate men and uncircumcised in hearts and ears, YOU are always resisting the holy spirit; as YOUR forefathers did, so YOU do.

Funny how they (JW's) just apply scriptures like these to everyone else...those other false religions when the whole bible is ONLY about God's people.

Oh well, don't get me started...lol. So we can really see that Jehovah making a means (as in the Scapegoat Covenant arrangement) for us to be saved truly is "undeserved kindness!"

Mary
8)

Return to “Forum 10: How I See Jehovah's Witnesses Today - Personal Viewpoints”