A "HATED," "DESPISED," "LOW," "DRY" TREE -- WHY CHOSEN BY GOD??? (Ezekiel 17:22-24)
[See Blog with Graphics at: http://www.livingwatersforum.com/lowdrytree.html]
At Ecclesiastes 9:13-16 we read the following words,
"Also this I saw as respects wisdom under the sun--and it was great to me: There was a little city, and the men in it were few; and there came to it a great king, and he surrounded it and built against it great strongholds. And there was found in it a man, needy but wise, and that one provided escape for the city by his wisdom. But no man remembered that needy man. And I myself said: Wisdom is better than mightiness; yet THE WISDOM OF THE NEEDY ONE IS DESPISED, AND HIS WORDS ARE NOT LISTENED TO."
The above inspired illustration shows us one, indisputable truth:
If one presents a message of genuine "wisdom," yet from a "needy" source, it will NOT be regarded as true "wisdom," but will be soon discarded as being of no genuine worth and generally regarded as something to be "despised."
Think: It was God's Will to use and present His message of Divine Truth, His "Living Waters" of Sacred Secrets thru a medium that can only be described as being a "low," "dry tree" of our times, as shown at Ezekiel 17:24. This prophecy says:
"And all the trees of the field will have to know that I myself, Jehovah, have abased the high tree, have put on high the LOW TREE, have dried up the still-moist tree and have made the DRY TREE blossom. I myself, Jehovah, have spoken and have done it."
Clearly, Jehovah had to step in and "save the day," for this particularly "low," "dry tree," -- isn't that so? Jehovah God, the Almighty had to show everyone of this world, that He indeed, had every intention of blessing this formerly "low," "dry tree." And that, He does!
But the question still remains, why was this "tree" of wisdom, in a "low," "dry" state, in the first place? How did this happen, and what point has been clearly demonstrated by allowing such a situation to develop, upon this earth?
Well, the fact that Ezekiel's prophecy above indicates the very "Tree" of Wisdom from which all mankind will feed one day, at first, is actually seen to be a "low," "dry tree" by most observers, demonstrates the truthfulness of the words of Ecclesiastes 9:13-16.
We can explain the problem this way. You see, the "tree" of wisdom is "low" because no one at first, actually wants to support it or be associated with it. So then, it has an IGNOMINIOUS BEGINNING, WITH NO MEMBERSHIP to speak of. Also, this "tree" of wisdom is definitely a "dry" tree, because it has very little by way of financial support, because of the low membership.
And yet, this very situation itself of having a "tree" of wisdom existing in a "low," "dry" state, actually shows how "Israel" itself, and humans in general upon this earth under normal circumstances, if LEFT WITHOUT ANY SUPERNATURAL INTERVENTION FROM ALMIGHTY GOD, would never, ever RESPOND to Divine Truth! No but, if left to their "own devices," would continually turn a deaf ear to Divine Truth, endlessly, yes eternally, unless Jehovah should intervene at some point. Therefore such a situation of having a "low," "dry tree" in existence would indeed show that Israel today, has a general disdain toward Divine Truth, a distinct aversion to Godly Truth, when it is presented from a humble or lowly source. What an alarming, appalling situation indeed!
JEHOVAH, UNLIKE MANKIND, EXALTS THE "LOWLY ONE"
Of course, such a situation would run completely counter to the personality of the Humble God, Jehovah, who always remembers the "lowly ones," especially in times of need. (Psalms 18:35; Psalms 41:1; Ephesians 4:22-24) In fact, Jehovah often chooses to exalt such like ones to high positions before Himself. Truly, an amazing thing indeed, in the eyes of mankind! -- See Psalms 118:22, 23; Daniel 4:17; Luke 10:21.
We realize of course, that the haughty world we live in, does not often look with favor upon the "needy" and less fortunate in our society, but often look down upon such like ones. However, Luke 1:52 speaks of Jehovah's unusual attribute of choosing and often exalting the "lowly one" this way,
"He has brought down men of power from thrones and exalted lowly ones"
In making that point, for instance, let's take the example of the only-begotten Son of God, himself. As most of us remember, the background or lowly beginnings of Jesus was a constant source of agitation for many. Why? Well, part of the problem was because he was from the lowly city of "Nazereth" out of "Galilee." Isn't that true? Yes, Jesus was looked down upon and held in an unfavorable light, because of the area of the land that he had come from. Yes, Jesus had humble beginnings, and for that, was disliked. -- John 1:46; John 7:41; John 7:52
Also, we remember Jesus was looked down upon by the religious leaders of the day, because he had NOT attended the highly regarded Rabbinical "schools" of his time. Also, we remember his disciples were looked down upon by the nation of Israel too, because they were considered men "unlettered and ordinary." -- John 7:15; Acts 4:13
Therefore, we can see for the nation of Israel, and mankind in general too, regrettably, genuine words of "wisdom" if perceived to come from a "needy" source, a humble or lowly source, are simply NOT regarded as being of any genuine worth to high-minded people, like "Israel," God's Name People. A truly sad situation indeed.
In fact, Paul showed "Israel" of his time to be a NON-responsive nation of people as shown at Acts 28:27. That verse says:
"For the heart of this people has grown UNRECEPTIVE, and with their ears they have heard WITHOUT RESPONSE, and they have shut their eyes that they should NEVER SEE with their eyes and hear with their ears and understand with their heart and turn back, and I should heal them."
Yes, Paul said above that "Israel" would "never see," when left to their own devices. As a nation, they would never, ever respond to God's message of Truth, if Jehovah didn't intervene. They were truly a stubborn, "disobedient" people. -- See Romans 10:18-21.
SPECIFIC PUBLIC DISPLAYS OF UNGODLY HAUGHTINESS SHOWN BY JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES TODAY
So then in our day and time, modern-day "Israel," Jehovah's Witnesses, are no different. The nation of Jehovah's Witnesses have proven themselves to be a people who are very difficult to correct, or give counsel or corrective instruction to as a people...when they are clearly wrong.
(1) For example, currently Jehovah's Witnesses are struggling with a blatant Child Abuse Problem, that is rampant among them, on an International basis and which has received much media attention recently. Although efforts have been made to help correct the problem, the leadership of Jehovah's Witnesses have consistently refused to accept such. And thus, the problem continues unabated.
See Link: Damaging Child Abuse Policy of Watchtower Society Exposed In News Article!
(2) Then too, there the recent, much publicized problem where Jehovah Witnesses have displayed obvious hypocrisy in their leadership in being secret NGO supporters of the United Nations Organization for 10 years, all the while denouncing other religions publicly in their literature for doing the same thing. A sneaky, underhanded practice, which is clearly condemned in scripture, as spiritual "fornication." However again, when corrective information was brought to the attention of the organization itself, it has been continually and overwhelmingly refused by the mass of Jehovah's Witnesses, worldwide to be worthy of serious consideration. -- See 1 Corinthians 10:14; 2 Corinthians 4:2; 2 Corinthians 6:14-18
See Link: "Oholah" & "Oholibah" Article -- A Full Discussion On Secret United Nations/Watchtower Society NGO 10-Year Affiliation
(3) However, there is one other area where Jehovah's Witnesses have shown a very strong resistance to spiritual aid and correction when they are clearly wrong...and that is in the 125-year teaching of the date of 1914. (Mark 7:7-9) Yes, the doctrine of 1914, has been held out by the Watchtower Society and company now to the public, for 125 years in one form or another, ever since back in the late 1800s under CT Russell. Still regrettably, in this unusual doctrine, it is taught that Jesus Christ, although being scripturally called the "head of all governments and authorities" of this world since the first century by inspired bible writers on numerous occasions, The Jehovah's Witnesses contend Jesus was only "enthroned" by God as "king" with full authority in the year of 1914. In addition, this teaching is claimed to be a "sacred secret" according to the Watchtower Society, even though such a teaching contradicts many verses of the Greek Text which show the extent of Christ's All-Pervasive Heavenly "Authority" given him by His Father, when resurrected. (For a detailed discussion on the teaching of 1914, see link below.) -- Please compare Matthew 28:18; Colossians 2:10; Ephesians 1:20-23; Revelation 1:5 which clearly show the extent of Christ's Heavenly "Authority" when resurrected in the first century.
See Link: THE TEACHING OF 1914 -- IS IT A "SACRED SECRET" OR FALSEHOOD?
Therefore it is clear, indeed Jehovah's Witnesses have made a practice of turning away from sound bible counsel, over many, many issues over the years as an organization. And of course, this has invariably injured the nation spiritually, not to mention "grieving God's Holy Spirit" in the process. (Ephesians 4:30) Thus, bible prophecy surely indicates that one day, God Almighty would render "judgment" upon Jehovah's Witnesses, as this rebellious "moist tree" and pronounce "judgment" upon them, using a "low," "dry tree" of his choosing. Yes, it is by using this "low," "dry" tree of "wisdom" and bringing it into existence, in our day and time, that Jehovah would PUBLICLY CONDEMN the "still moist" tree, Jehovah's Witnesses, for their many, many sins, and showing it to be an incorrigible, NON-responsive "tree" or nation that fully deserves to be "dried up" and "withered" at God's Command. -- See Ezekiel 17:24; Matthew 21:43; Luke 23:31.
Therefore, by Jehovah bringing into existence a "low," "dry" tree, and using it to pronounce "judgment" upon the "moist tree," Modern Day Israel of our times, would amply demonstrate whether "Israel" [Jehovah's Witnesses as a nation], really values "sacred things" in God's sight. "Sacred things," like true Godly "Wisdom." Godly counsel, to turn away from what is bad. (Psalms 97:10) Yes, would spiritual "Israel" of our day and time, accept such "wisdom," if presented from a humble source. (Proverbs 1:5, 6) Yes, would God's Name People, simply accept Godly, Divine Truth from a humble source, a "low," "dry tree," or would they simply "despise the day of small things," as bible prophecy would indicate...Which??? -- See Zechariah 4:10; 1 Corinthians 1:19-28; Hebrews 12:16.
Well, to answer this question, we must remember Jehovah always prefers to use a despised setting to do his bidding, just as 1 Corinthians 1:27-29 says,
“but God chose the foolish things of the world, that he might put the wise men to shame; and God chose the weak things of the world, that he might put the strong things to shame; and God chose the ignoble things of the world and THE THINGS LOOKED DOWN UPON, THE THINGS THAT ARE NOT, that he might bring to nothing the things that are, in order that no flesh might boast in the sight of God.” (1 Corinthians 1:27-29 New World Translation)
Yes, the true answer to this question then is given to us, by way of the "low," "dry tree" bible prophecy of Ezekiel 17:22-24, coupled with the inspired words of Ecclesiastes 9:13-16 … Yes, these inspired words give us the true, definitive answer to this question.
Think about it!
Review Questions For Article: A Low, “Dry” Tree of God --- Why?
1. What important maxim is stated for us at Ecclesiastes 9:13-16 that has proved true in connection with how Jehovah presents Divine Truth?
2. Since Jehovah has chosen to present Divine Truth today using a “low, dry tree,” a needy source, what will He need to do to insure that this “Truth” will be heard?
3. What does this “tree” of wisdom lack such that it is considered “low” and “dry?”
4. What does Jehovah’s allowing a “low, dry” tree to exist show regarding Israel?
5. How does Jehovah’s attitude towards the needy run counter to that generally found among mankind?
6. Why did the nation of Israel in the 1st century view Jesus as a lowly or needy person?
7. How was their reaction to Jesus described at Acts 28:27 and Romans 10:18-21 by the Apostle Paul?
8. In what things have Jehovah’s Witnesses today shown themselves to be no different than their counterpart in the 1st century?
9. Ezekiel 17:24 describes a “moist” tree that will be dried up. Who represents this tree and what will Jehovah use to pronounce judgment upon this tree?
10. Does Ecclesiastes 9:13-16 have application to modern-day Israel, Jehovah’s Witnesses?
To get the answers for the review questions CLICK HERE.
The future temple of Ezekiel as compared to the temple of the book of Revelation are given close consideration here. Also the mysterious "Chieftain" in Ezekiel's vision is given detail consideration here. Also the prophecy reveals the mysterious National Calamity that befalls God's people, and its mention of a miraculous flowing of "healing," "Living Waters" that flows from this temple for the benefit of mankind. (Ezekiel 47:12)
Moderator: LWF Administration
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- YORWW CONGREGATION MODERN DAY SERVANT
- Posts: 281
- Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:19 pm
- Location: Founder YORWW Bible Institute & Training Center resides YORWW World Headquarters Jamaica, W.I.
"He that is from God listens to the sayings of God..." -- John 8:47